List of CivilizationsRectify
There are a total of 43 civilizations available in Civilization V, including DLCs and the expansions. It is also the first incarnation of the series where the leaders speak their native languages.
- † The Babylonians came as a bonus with a pre-order of the Deluxe Edition through a number of Digital Distribution platforms e.g. Steam / Direct 2 Drive. It was later made available as DLC. Included in Game of the Year Edition.
- † The Mongolians were made available as free DLC on 25 October 2010 and is added automatically through Steam update. Included in Game of the Year Edition.
- † The Spanish and the Incas were made available as DLC on 16 December 2010. Included in Game of the Year Edition. The Spanish were later made available in Gods and Kings.
- † The Polynesians were made available as DLC on 3 March 2011. Included in Game of the Year Edition.
- † The Danish were made available as DLC on 3 May 2011. Included in Game of the Year Edition.
- † The Koreans were made available as DLC on August 11, 2011.
- Nine new civilizations were added with the Gods and Kings expansion pack on June 19, 2012: Mayan, Byzantine, Celtic, Carthaginian, Hunnic, Austrian, Ethiopian, Dutch, and Swedish. In addition, the previously released Spanish civilization was included again.
- Nine new civilizations are to be added in the Brave New World expansion pack, including the Polish, Brazilian, Assyrian, Portuguese, Zulu, Indonesian, Moroccan, Venetian, and Shoshone civilizations. In addition, the French civilization will be altered to better work with new aspects of Brave New World.